NAN’s Assembly for Embroiderers is an annual needlework seminar open to all stitchers—not just those aspiring to become teachers and judges. We offer a diverse and interesting array of classes each year, including canvaswork, surface embroidery, various counted thread techniques, color and design classes, art classes pertinent to the needlearts, and Japanese embroidery.
Preceding Assembly 2023, workshops will be held for those in certification programs or who wish to audit and learn more about our programs (Wednesday, March 15 through Friday, March 17). Assembly 2023 officially kicks off on Friday, March 17 with a tour of a local site of interest and a welcome dinner that evening where you will be greeted by NAN Board Members and featured teachers. Classes are held Friday through Tuesday, and are of various lengths. A festive Awards Banquet on Monday evening recognizes milestone achievements by our certification candidates and the Lifetime Achievement Award winner. Assembly also features a fun Merchandise Night with one-of-a-kind offerings.
The Exemplary, our annual needlework showcase, is held in conjunction with the Assembly. Both events are housed in a boutique hotel—the Somerset Inn located in suburban Detroit, MI—that caters to our needs, and as a bonus, has an excellent restaurant.
Registration for Assembly 2023 is open!
Download the entire Assembly booklet here, or download sections through the links below:
- Friday Tour
- Hotel, Transportation, and Merchandise Night
- Class Descriptions
- Teacher Biographies
- Registration Form
- Certification Programs
- The Exemplary Categories and Entry Rules
- The Exemplary Entry Form
- Artist Statement Template
- How to pack your works for shipment
Dates to remember
- October 15, 2022: Registrations for classes receive first day priority
- January 15, 2023: Registration closes. Class choices may be limited for registrations received after this date
- January 15, 2022: The last day registration fee(s), less a non-refundable $85.00 administrative fee, will be refunded if written notice of cancellation is received. No refunds issued after this date
- February 15, 2023: Deadline for receipt of entry forms, entry fees, and artist statements for The Exemplary
- March 3, 2023: Deadline for receipt of shipped entries for The Exemplary
- March 15, 2023: Deadline for entries to be hand delivered to The Exemplary
If you have questions about Assembly, contact our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about The Exemplary, contact The Exemplary Administrator at email@example.com.