NAN’s Assembly for Embroiderers is an annual needlework seminar open to all stitchers—not just those aspiring to become teachers and judges. We offer a diverse and interesting array of classes each year, including canvaswork, surface embroidery, various counted thread techniques, color and design classes, art classes pertinent to the needlearts, and Japanese Embroidery taught by the incomparable Shay Pendray.
Preceding Assembly 2022, workshops will be held for those in certification programs or who wish to audit and learn more about our programs (Wednesday, March 16 through Friday, March 18). Assembly 2022 officially kicks off on Friday, March 18 with a tour of a local site of interest and a welcome dinner that evening where you will be greeted by NAN Board Members and featured teachers. Classes are held Friday through Tuesday, and are of various lengths. A festive Awards Banquet on Monday evening recognizes milestone achievements by our certification candidates and the Lifetime Achievement Award winner. Assembly also features a fun Merchandise Night with one-of-a-kind offerings.
The Exemplary, our annual needlework showcase, is held in conjunction with the Assembly. Both events are housed in a boutique hotel—the Somerset Inn located in suburban Detroit, MI—that caters to our needs, and as a bonus, has an excellent restaurant.
Registration for Assembly 2022 is now open!
The entire Assembly booklet with class descriptions and registration information is downloadable here. Specific sections can be downloaded below:
- Friday Tour
- Hotel and Transportation
- Class Descriptions
- Teacher Biographies
- Registration Form: PDF Format Word Format
- The Exemplary
Dates to Remember
- January 15, 2022 Registration closes. Class choices may be limited for registrations received after this date
- January 15, 2022 The last day registration fee(s), less a non-refundable $85.00 administrative fee, will be refunded if written notice of cancellation is received. No refunds issued after this date.
- February 16, 2022 Deadline for receipt of entry forms and artist statements for The Exemplary
- March 4, 2022 Deadline for receipt of entries shipped to The Exemplary
- March 16, 2022 Deadline for receipt of entries hand delivered to The Exemplary
If you have questions about Assembly, contact our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about The Exemplary, contact The Exemplary Administrator at email@example.com.