NAN’s Assembly for Embroiderers is an annual needlework seminar open to all stitchers—not just those aspiring to become teachers and judges. We offer a diverse and interesting array of classes each year, including canvaswork, surface embroidery, various counted thread techniques, color and design classes, art classes pertinent to the needlearts, and Japanese Embroidery taught by the incomparable Shay Pendray.
Preceding Assembly 2019 workshops will be held for those in certification programs or who wish to audit and learn more about our programs (Wednesday, March 13 through Friday, March 15). Assembly 2019 officially kicks off on Friday, March 15 with a tour of a local site of interest and a welcome dinner that evening where you will be greeted by NAN Board Members and featured teachers. Classes are held Friday through Tuesday, and are of various lengths. During your time at Assembly you will enjoy lunch with your fellow attendees, and a festive Awards Banquet on Monday evening. Assembly also features a fun Merchandise Night with one-of-a-kind offerings.
The Exemplary, our annual needlework showcase, is held in conjunction with the Assembly. Both events are housed in a boutique hotel—the Somerset Inn located in suburban Detroit, MI—that caters to our needs, and as a bonus, has an excellent restaurant.
Download the entire Assembly booklet here or click on the following links to download sections:
- Friday tour and Saturday Merchandise Night
- Hotel and Ground Transportation
- Class Descriptions
- Teacher Biographies
- Registration Form
- The Exemplary Guidelines and Entry Form Artist Statement Template
Key dates to mark on your calendar:
- October 1. 2018: Registrations for classes received by this date have first day priority status.
- January 15, 2019: Registration closes. Class choices may be limited for registrations received after this date.
- January 15, 2019: Last day to cancel and receive a refund minus $85 administrative fee. All requests must be submitted in writing; no refunds after this date.
- February 14, 2019: Deadline to send in entry forms for The Exemplary.
- March 1, 2019: Deadline to send entries to The Exemplary.
- March 14, 2019: Deadline to hand-deliver entries to The Exemplary.
If you have questions about Assembly, please contact our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about The Exemplary, contact The Exemplary Administrator at email@example.com.