NAN’s Assembly for Embroiderers is an annual needlework seminar open to all stitchers—not just those aspiring to become teachers and judges. We offer a diverse and interesting array of classes each year, including canvaswork, surface embroidery, various counted thread techniques, color and design classes, art classes pertinent to the needlearts, and Japanese Embroidery taught by the incomparable Shay Pendray.
Preceding Assembly 2018 (Wednesday, March 14 through Friday, March 16) workshops will be held for those in certification programs or who wish to audit and learn more about our programs. Assembly 2018 officially kicks off on Friday, March 16 with a tour of a local site of interest and a welcome dinner that evening where you will be greeted by NAN Board Members and featured teachers. Classes are held Friday through Tuesday, and are of various lengths. During your time at Assembly you will enjoy lunch with your fellow attendees, and a festive Awards Banquet on Monday evening. Assembly also features a fun Merchandise Night with one-of-a-kind offerings.
The Exemplary, our annual needlework showcase, is held in conjunction with the Assembly. Both events are housed in a boutique hotel—the Somerset Inn located in suburban Detroit, MI—that caters to our needs, and as a bonus, has an excellent restaurant.
Download the entire Assembly 2018 Booklet here, or download individual sections through the links below:
- Hotel, Transportation, and Friday Tour Information
- Merchandise Night Information
- Class Descriptions
- Teacher Biographies
- Assembly Registration Form
- Certification Workshop and Assembly Schedules
- Guidelines and Entry Form for The Exemplary
- Artist Statement Template
- January 15, 2018 – Registration Closes. Registrations may be accepted after this date, but class options may be limited.
- February 14, 2018 – Deadline to submit The Exemplary entry forms, artist statements, and fees.
- March 1, 2018 – If mailed, The Exemplary entries must be received by this date.
- March 14, 2018, noon – If hand delivered, The Exemplary entries must be in the exhibition hall.
If you have questions about Assembly, please contact our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about The Exemplary, contact The Exemplary Administrator at email@example.com.