NAN’s Assembly for Embroiderers is an annual needlework seminar open to all stitchers—not just those aspiring to become teachers and judges. We offer a diverse and interesting array of classes each year, including canvaswork, surface embroidery, various counted thread techniques, color and design classes, and art classes pertinent to the needlearts.
Preceding Assembly 2021, workshops will be held online for those enrolled in certification programs or who wish to audit and learn more about our programs (Wednesday, March 17 through Friday, March 19). Assembly 2021 classes will be held online Friday through Tuesday. A festive online Annual Meeting on Friday evening will recognize milestone achievements by our certification candidates and this year’s Lifetime Achievement Award winner, Margaret Kinsey – and feature a presentation by Debbie Stiehler. NAN’s annual needlework showcase, The Exemplary, will be held online in conjunction with Assembly 2021.
Dates to remember:
- October 15, 2020: Registrations for classes receive first day priority
- December 15, 2020: Registration closes
- December 15, 2020: No refunds issued after this date
- December 15, 2020: Class choices may be limited for registrations received after this date
- February 16, 2021: All information for entries in The Virtual Exemplary must be received (photo, artist statement, and entry form).
Download the complete Assembly booklet here, or download sections of the Assembly booklet below:
- Assembly Events
- Class Descriptions
- Teacher Biographies
- Assembly – Registration Form
- NAN Certification Programs
- The Exemplary 2021
If you have questions about Assembly, contact our Registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about The Exemplary, contact The Exemplary Administrator at email@example.com.